Thank you for your interest in publishing with Good Mourning! Submissions are always open.We accept work that includes any sexuality, nationality and ethnicity, genre, and content rating that falls under the category of romance. The more original and subversive your themes the more likely we are to accept your work, but traditional pieces done by amazing story tellers are always welcome.
To see the project(s) we are actively seeking submissions for see the Open Call page.
The current pay rate is $30.00 for a short story. For full length novels authors will receive $100 plus 10% of the list price. Authors will retain full copyright to their work.
There are a few guidelines that need to be met while submitting your work.
Guidelines for Authors:
- The work must be original and can not have been published before. (excluding all non-retail digital publications)
- While the genre may vary, one of the main themes must be romance. See more info on the About page.
- We accept both short stories and full-length manuscripts.
- We are not accepting paper submissions at this time; all submissions must be electronic in the format of a Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Email your complete manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your Name
- Word Count
- Romance Genre (contemporary, paranormal, regency, etc.)
- One to two paragraph synopsis.
Guidelines for Artists:
- The copyright of the submitted piece must belong to the artist.
- Please send either your personal website or one that hosts your art portfolio.
- If you have specific pieces in mind for cover art in your portfolio, please specify.
- Email your portfolio website to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Specific piece interested in selling (if applicable)
- Available image size (900 x 1200 pixels, etc.)
We will send a response within 48 hours.